I think the Christmas Rush has started. The stores were packed today when Mom and I went to go get our new artificial Christmas tree (you can see that planning and buying in advance runs in the family, no?) and when I went in to work it was the busiest I've ever seen it. I thought I had a little more relaxing before the stress of the season started but apparently not. Ah well.
I found out that I can buy pecan logs at this local nut shop. I love pecan logs but haven't been able to find any in my town. Grandma told me today that apparently this store sells them, so I swung by but they're closed on Sundays. I'll have to try tomorrow, or Tuesday maybe, as I don't work on Tuesday.
Grandma's birthday was today, so we all went to Applebees for lunch. I think we drove our waiter crazy. "They're will be eight of us". Ten minutes later "Oh, are they coming to? Ok that makes twelve plus a baby." Three minutes later "Ok, last count, fourteen, plus two babies, we'll need a child's menu for the eight year old, and don't put a chair at the end, one's in a wheelchair." Ah, when my family gets together. We also took the opportunity to plan Thanksgiving. I'm apparently bringing pies.
Fooled around with the layout today, but decided I like it best the way it was. Was thinking about this blog a bit, and decided a lot of it would be dedicated to how to celebrate the Liturgical Year. It's an interest of mine to look into old Catholic celebrations and so I'm going to try and focus a lot of stuff around that. I already kind of started with the St. Nicholas celebration, but there'll be more once I get pictures, and I still have to make my Advent Crib (made my wreath, but as that's not that difficult I'll just show pictures of it with the history behind it later) Assuming I can figure out how to post pictures anyway.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You will have so much fun celebrating this year as a Catholic! Our traditions are deep and beautiful. Welcome Home...to Rome!
Thanks! I look forward to finding more and more celebrations to brighten up the year!
Post a Comment